Table of Contents
What is SJVN?
SJVN Limited (Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited) is a public sector company in India that operates primarily in the energy sector. The company is involved in generating and selling hydroelectric power and the field of renewable energy. SJVN has a portfolio of projects in India, Nepal, and Bhutan and is also involved in the transmission and distribution of power. The company is jointly owned by the Government of India and the Government of Himachal Pradesh, with the central government holding a 63.79% stake and the Himachal Pradesh government holding a 26.85% stake. The public has the remaining shares. SJVN remains headquartered in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India.
What are the uses of SJVN?
SJVN (Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited) is a joint venture between the Government of India and Himachal Pradesh. The company’s primary objective is to develop and operate hydroelectric power projects.
Some of the uses of SJVN are:
- Power Generation: SJVN operates hydroelectric power projects, which generate clean and renewable electricity. The company has a capacity of over 2,000 MW, and its power plants remain in various parts of India.
- Employment Generation: SJVN provides employment opportunities to people in the areas where it operates. The company employs engineers, technicians, and other skilled workers.
- Socio-economic Development: SJVN contributes to the socio-economic development of its operating areas. The company undertakes various CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiatives, such as building schools, hospitals, and community centers.
- Infrastructure Development: SJVN invests in infrastructure development, such as roads, bridges, and transmission lines, necessary to operate its power projects.
- Foreign Investment: SJVN has expanded its operations to other countries, such as Nepal and Bhutan. The company has invested in these countries’ hydroelectric power projects and contributed to their economic development.
SJVN is crucial in developing India’s and other countries’ power sectors and economies.
What is the financial condition of SJVN?
As of my knowledge cutoff of September 2021, SJVN had a strong financial position with a healthy balance sheet and financial performance. Here are some key economic indicators:
- Revenue: SJVN reported a total income of Rs. 3,563 crores in 2020-21, a 4.4% increase from the previous year.
- Net Profit: SJVN’s net profit after tax for 2020-21 was Rs. 1,183 crores, a 6.7% increase from the previous year.
- Debt to Equity Ratio: As of March 2021, SJVN’s debt to equity ratio was 0.32, which indicates a healthy balance between debt and equity financing.
- Return on Equity (ROE): SJVN’s return on equity for 2020-21 was 14.9%, higher than the industry average.
- Dividend Payout: SJVN has a good track record of paying dividends to its shareholders. In 2020-21, the company declared a dividend of Rs. 1.50 per share.
HENCE, SJVN has a strong financial position and is well-positioned to continue its growth and expansion in the power sector.
What is NSE: SJVN?
NSE: SJVN refers to Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited’s stock symbol, which remains listed on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) of India. SJVN is a joint venture company between the Government of India and the Government of Himachal Pradesh, primarily engaged in developing and operating hydroelectric power projects.
SJVN has issued shares listed and traded on the NSE as a publicly traded company. Investors can buy or sell SJVN shares through a stockbroker on the NSE platform. The stock symbol for SJVN on the NSE is “SJVN.”
By trading SJVN shares on the NSE, investors can participate in the company’s growth and earnings potential and benefit from capital appreciation and dividend payouts. It is important to know that investing in stocks carries risk, and investors should research and analyze before making any investment decisions.
Conclusion for NSE: SJVN
In conclusion, SJVN is a leading player in the Indian power sector, focusing strongly on hydroelectric power projects. As a publicly-traded company listed on the National Stock Exchange (NSE), investors can participate in the company’s growth and earnings potential by buying and selling SJVN shares on the NSE platform.
SJVN has a strong financial position, with a healthy balance sheet and financial performance. The company has a decent track record of paying its shareholders dividends, making it an attractive investment opportunity for income-oriented investors.
However, like any investment, risks remain involved in investing in SJVN shares, and investors should conduct their research and analysis before making any investment decisions. Additionally, macroeconomic factors, regulatory changes, and company-specific risks could affect SJVN’s financial performance and stock price.
Overall, SJVN’s focus on sustainable energy, strong financial position, and growth potential make it an interesting company to watch for investors interested in the Indian power sector.
FAQS for Nse: SJVN
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) for NSE: SJVN:
What is SJVN?
SJVN stands for Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited, a joint venture company between the Government of India and Himachal Pradesh. The company’s primary objective is to develop and operate hydroelectric power projects.
Where is SJVN headquartered?
SJVN remains headquartered in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India.
What is the stock symbol for SJVN on the NSE?
The stock symbol for SJVN on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) is “SJVN.”
When was SJVN listed on the NSE?
SJVN remained listed on the NSE on May 20, 2010.
What is the face value of SJVN shares?
The face value of SJVN shares is Rs. 10.
What is the market lot size for SJVN shares?
The market lot size for SJVN shares is 1,000 shares.
What is the 52-week high/low for SJVN shares?
As of my knowledge cutoff of September 2021, the 52-week high/low for SJVN shares on the NSE was Rs. 34.60 and Rs. 21.00, respectively.
Does SJVN pay dividends?
Yes, SJVN has a good track record of paying dividends to its shareholders. In 2020-21, the company declared a dividend of Rs. 1.50 per share.
Who are the key competitors of SJVN?
Some of the key competitors of SJVN in the power sector include National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL), Tata Power, Adani Power, and Reliance Power.
Please note that the information provided above is based on my knowledge cutoff of September 2021 and may be subject to change.